‘Vinyl Revival’ from fine art photographer Deborah Pendell is showing at Gallery 6 in Newark until 20th January
- Deborah Pendell is a self taught fine art photographer, who lived in Newark until her late teens and is now based in Cambridge. She has been creating photographic art for over a decade.
- Deborah’s artistic approach to art is to photograph and reimagine everyday, sometimes nostalgic subjects and recreate these as contemporary artworks. She describes her work as ‘playing with pixels’ because every artwork starts life as a photograph or a combination of photographs that she has taken – she then works with the pixels until a new artwork organically develops- “I rarely know where this experimentation is going to go but I know when I am finished!”
- Her Vinyl Revival collection captures the tangible aesthetic of vinyl records but with a modern day makeover creating a striking aesthetic.
- Deborah has exhibited and showed extensively as a photographic artist in the UK including solos shows and group exhibitions. She currently has work on exhibition throughout 2023 and into 2024 in the UK including two central London locations and in Paris. She also regularly participates in The Other Art Fair in London.
- Her artwork is held in private collections both in the UK and overseas and she is represented by several art galleries, both physical and online, in London and the UK. Her artwork has also been bought by interior designers and art consultancies in the UK and overseas for private client projects and larger projects including the Nobu hotel in Miami, the Virgin boutique hotel in Edinburgh and a boutique hotel in Dallas.
Meet the artist event is on Saturday 9 December from 2.00pm – 4.00pm why not join for some festive bubbles and vinyl music
The gallery is open Wednesday to Saturday from 10.30am to 4pm. Gallery 6 – 6 Stodman Street, Newark, NG24 1AN call: 07375 101 416 email: email@example.com