Founded in 1985, Iona School is an independent primary school offering Waldorf education based on the principles of Rudolf Steiner for children aged 3-11.
The education at Iona School fosters healthy development in every child and enables them to reach their potential. We believe that education should be a continuing process, and our task is to stimulate and develop the faculties and skills which enable our pupils to learn for life…from life…throughout life.
What benefits do we offer children?
– Age appropriate learning that fosters healthy development in every child
– A balanced curriculum that engages the whole child: intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual
– Formal learning starts from the age of 6
– Formative and ongoing assessment reduces the dependence on and anxiety to testing
– No SATS
– Healthy outdoor play
– A lively and supportive school community
– A belief that education is a continuing process
We follow the Steiner Curriculum not the National Curriculum and our class teachers stays with one group of children for up to 8 years. ICT is introduced in secondary schools only and not earlier.
Why not come and see for yourself what we have to offer your child? Our next Open Mornings are on Thursday 28th February and 21st March. To register your interest or to find out more, please contact Dominique Allen, Admission Manager on 0115 9415295. Further information about Iona School can be found at: www.theionaschool.org.uk